Obagi Blue Peel
What is it?
The Obagi Blue Peel is used in conjunction with the Nu-Derm System to enhance and potentiate the anti-ageing effects on the skin. It utilises TCA (trichloroacetic acid) mixed with a non-ionic blue glycerin base that allows precise depth control.
Who needs an Obagi Blue Peel?
Common indications for Obagi Blue Peel:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Epidermal and dermal pigmentation problems
- Superficial acne scarring
- Large pores and comedones (white-heads)
- Solar keratoses
- Skin laxity and uneven texture
Whats involved from start to finish of the treatment and when do I expect to see results?
- Patient should have completed at least 6 weeks Nu-Derm System
- Informed consent with pre-treatment photography
- Mild analgesia (eg. paracetamol / ibuprofen) – no sedation required
- TCA mixed with Obagi Blue Peel base (total volume 4-6ml)
- 1-2 coats applied (5-10 applications)
- Comfort achieved using cooled air jet
- Procedure takes 30-60 minutes to complete
- Blue colour will persist on skin until peeling complete
- Peeling begins at day 2-3 and completes by day 10-14
- Results noticeable by 6 weeks
- Allow skin to peel naturally – DO NOT pick or pull skin fragments
- Apply Obagi Action or Comfort Gel to tight, dry or itchy skin
- Try cold compress for swelling and inflammation
- Simple analgesia is recommended initially
- Make up may be applied to new skin after 7 days
- Avoid sun exposure without SPF > 35 for at least 6 weeks
- Resume Obagi Nu-Derm maintenance once peeling complete
Possible side effects
- Redness and swelling is COMMON
- Skin infections are LESS COMMON – readily treated with antibiotics
- Post peel eruption of cold sores are RARE – treated with Zovirax
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is RARE– treatable with Hydroquinone cream
- Scarring is VERY RARE
How much does it cost?
Obagi Blue Peel Prices Start from £350 & Range to £650 depending on the strength peel required